Bet on Mayweather vs. McGregor – Odds, Picks, Tickets, Predictions
Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor is HERE!!! Mayweather made his announcement on his twitter account as did McGregor on his official twitter feed. It will be a 12 round fight in which they use 10 oz. gloves. The early betting odds have been set and Mayweather is the prohibitive favorite.
Betting Odds for McGregor vs. Mayweather on August 26
Currently, the odds are -400 for Mayweather and +300 for McGregor. In the beginning, McGregor was a massive 10-1 and then 7-1 for a long time. One of the several concerns is that Conor McGregor is not a pure boxer and his lack of experience could be detrimental in the outcome for him.
Consensus Picks for Mayweather vs. McGregor
|Rodney Knuppel||Man, I'd love to be able to take McGregor in this fight. I am annoyed by Mayweather. More bets are coming in on McGregor, because they are thinking what Ryan is thinking. But, I just don't think I want to join the club. It's Mayweather's sport and he is going to take it down. I am betting Mayweather to win this fight.|
BET ON MAYWEATHER
|Tom Knuppel||Boxing is different than MMA. I don't see McGregor landing a single punch on Mayweather. Look for this to end up a boring fight as Mayweather wins easily.|
BET ON MAYWEATHER
|Ryan Knuppel||I don't see any way I can bet on Mayweather. He is the better fighter. But odds are ridiculous. I'll be betting very small on McGregor and hoping it's a "staged fight" of some sort.|
BET ON MCGREGOR
Prop & Special Bets for the Mayweather and McGregor Fight
- How many PPV buys will Mayweather/McGregor have for this fight.
- Will Mayweather and McGregor have a second fight?
- Will either fighter be warned of a low blow?
- Will McGregor kick Mayweather during the fight?
- Will either fighter have a point deducted by a referee?
See the latest odds for all the Mayweather vs. McGregor Props here.
Leading Up to the McGregor vs. Mayweather Fight
How did we get here? It all started in July, 2015 when Conor McGregor was a guest on the Conan O’Brien show. The host ask McGregor is he would fight Floyd Mayweather. His response was
“If you’re asking would I like to fight Floyd Mayweather, I mean, who would not like to dance around the ring for $180m? I would certainly box him if the opportunity arose. Most certainly.”
This made headlines but all remained quiet until December when McGregor knocked out Aldo in 13 seconds and Mayweather got involved as he stated,
“They say he talk a lot of trash and people praise him for it, but when I did it, they say I’m cocky and arrogant. So biased! Like I said before, all I’m saying is this, I ain’t racist at all, but I’m telling you racism still exists.”
The very next day McGregor took to Instagram with this message.
“Don’t ever bring my race into my success again”. He went on to explain with this message, “I am an Irishman. My people have been oppressed our entire existence. And still very much are. I understand the feeling of prejudice. It is a feeling that is deep in my blood … If you want we can organise a fight no problem. I will give you a fair 80/20 split purse in my favour seen as your last fight bombed at every area of revenue.”
That stirred the pot enough that a full-fledged feud had begun. Things were relatively quiet as a few barbs flew back and forth on social media but The Sun, a British tabloid, reported in May 2016 the fighters were on the crux of signing a fight agreement. It was stated in the article that Mayweather was obsessed with making McGregor “eat his words.”
The media began asking and Floyd Mayweather stated he was retired but would come out of the ring to fight Conor McGregor and he could give him $50 million for it. This burned McGregor as it was projected to be a $ billion deal. So more words starting flying from McGregor.
“He’s getting old now,” he thundered in an interview. “I have the size, I have the reach, I have the height, I have the youth. He needs me. I don’t need him.”
Now the fur was flying and Mayweather began to seek money to get the fight on the card. Things moved slowly and then the UFC President presented a money offer but was rejected by the Mayweather camp but more importantly the talks were taking place again.[/et_pb_text]
August 26th Fight Details
Now a deal has been reached and both fighters like money According to this article in ESPN, the deal is projected to be worth $661 million. Look for more on this contract to come out in the next two months along with adjusted odds.
Buy Mayweather vs. McGregor Tickets
Tickets for this Mayweather vs. McGregor fight at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, NV for Sat, Aug 26 2017 are going for quite the premium. You can find tickets for as little as $1,700 and all the way up to $66,000 or more.
Mayweather vs. McGregor Links & Resources
- McGregor says he knocks out Mayweather in four rounds.
- Press Conference set in London.
- Whose rules do they follow, MMA or Boxing?
- Rip-off Alert on tickets
- UFC Fighter spars with Mayweather.
- Mayweather’s trainer worried McGregor goes rogue.
- Canelo Alvarez, Gennady Golovkin slam Mayweather vs. McGregor super fight.
- Multi-city tour to promote fight is planned.
- McGregor’s Sparring partner says he needs to get “lucky”
- Wild comparisons and wacky predictions from this article at Chicago Tribune.
- This is about $$$ and about race according to this author.
- Lennox Lewis can’t stand the fight
- Ice Cube already has T-Mobile Arena booked for his basketball league for August 26th.
- How much will each fighter get from this fight
- FoxSports has revealed the announcers for this fight.
- Forbes magazine outlines how McGregor can win this fight.
- The Los Angeles Times tells us why people will watch this fight.
Where to Bet on Mayweather vs. McGregor[table “5” not found /]
Facts & Stats for Floyd Mayweather
- Mayweather is 40 years old
- He has 26 TKO’s
- His record is 49-0
- He is 5’8”
- He has a 72 “ reach
- Mayweather has amassed $1.3 billion in earnings
Facts & Stats for Conor McGregor
- McGregor is 28 years old
- He is 5’9”
- He has a 74 “ reach
- His career earnings are $34 million