On Saturday, August 22nd, there will be a heavyweight title fight in Essex, United Kingdom. It will feature Dillan Whyte and Alexander Povetkin. Let’s get a preview and then place a prediction with some odd on who is victorious.
Povetkin is here after an impressive victory over Jason Fury in 2019. He is a seasoned veteran that is 40 years of age and has fought lots of times ince his career record is 35-21 and 24 KO’s. One has to wonder how much is in the tank against a top opponent like Whyte. Dillan Whyte switched to boxing after a successful kickboxing career. He enters this contest with a 27-1 record and 8 KO’s.
Look for the title fight to go 8-10 rounds with Povetkin getting his licks in but just succumbing to fatigue. The winner of this event will see either Deontay Wilder or Tyson Fury for the belt. This could end with a 9th round stoppage in this title fight and take Whyte -345 for the win.
Title Fight Undercard
- Dillian Whyte vs Alexander Povetkin (12 rounds at heavyweight for the WBC interim world title)
- Katie Taylor vs Delfine Persoon (10 rounds at lightweight for the WBC, WBA, IBF and WBO world titles)
- Jack Cullen vs Zak Chelli (10 rounds at super-middleweight)
- Luther Clay vs Chris Kongo (10 rounds at welterweight)
- Alen Babic vs Shawndell Winters (heavyweight contest)
Join our Discord to leave a question or comment regarding this article. We have sports fans talking betting all day — every day! JOIN THE DISCORD NOW AND QUALIFY FOR PRIZES & BETTING SWAG!