AAC Football Preview is where we will analyze each of the team for the 2021 season and put them in order of our expected finish.
AAC Football Projected Order of Finish
- Cincinnati Bearcats-This is likely a Top 10 team in the nation. Schedule has them st Indiana and Notre Dame is consecutive weekends. QB Desmond Ritter is one of the best in the country.
- UCF Knights-Gus Malzahn is top tier coach and enter his first season in Orlando. Dillon Gabriel,QB, is a strong arm and they have an October 26 date at Cincinnati.
- SMU Mustangs– Coach Sonny Dykes will rely on Ulysses Bentley IV to score points. He may be the best running back in the AAC.
- Memphis Tigers– The deep route will be tried often with sure handed wide receiver Calvin Austin III suiting up for the Tigers.
- Tulsa Golden Hurricanes– Senior wide receiver Keylon Stokes is the key to the offense,
- Tulane- Green Wave– Freshman quarterback Michael Pratt will be asked to step it up for the Green Wave.
- Houston Cougars-QB Clayton Tune averaged 256 yards per game and his team scored 30 points per game. They will need this junior to be more consistent.
- Temple Owls– They lost their leading rusher and quarterback to transfer for this season and need capable replacements . They did get decent transfer from Georgia at QB.
- ECU Pirates-QB Holton Ahlers completed 61.3% of his passes this year. Defense could get them out of the basement and possibly to 6 or 7 wins to go bowling.
- Navy Midshipmen– This team made their schedule tougher by putting eight teams from last season that made Bowl Game. RB Gabriel Carothers is their primary and maybe only offense.
- USF Bulls- This team ended 2020 with eight straight losses. Coach Jeff Scott may not win a game all year.
AAC Football ALL-AC First team projections:
RB- Ulysses Bentley IV- SMU
RB- Rajah Harris- ECU
WR- Calvin Austin- Memphis
WR- Jaylen Robinson- UCF
TE- Sean Dykes- Memphis
C- Mathew Lee- UCF
OL- Tyler Smith- Tulsa
OL- Cole Schnieder- UCF
OL- Jaylon Thomas- SMU
OL Hayden Howerton- SMU
AP- Jadan Blue- Temple
PK- Zack Long- Tulsa
AAC Football- Most Likely to Get Drafted
DEsmond Ritter QB, Cincinnati
Ahmad Gardner CB, Cincinnati
Matt Sanders DE, Cincinnati
Dillon Gabriel QB, UCF
Jaylon Thomas OT, SMU
Calvin Austin III WR, Memphis
Reggie Roberson Jr. WR, SMU
Allie Green IV CB, Tulsa
Sean Dykes TE, Memphis
Jaylon Robinson WR, UCF
ACC Football- Games to Watch
Sept 4- Texas Tech vs Houston at neutral site
Sept 4- Temple at Rutgers
Sept 11- NC vs ECU
Sept 11- Tulsa at Oklahoma State
Sept. 18- Mississippi State at Memphis
Sept. 18- Tulsa at Ohio State
Sept 18- Cincinnati at Indiana
Oct 2- Cincinnati at Notre Dame
Oct 16- UCF at Cincinnati
Oct 22- Memphis at UCF
Nov 6- Tulsa at Cincinnati
Nov 6- SMU at Memphis
Nov 20- SMU at Cincinnati
Dec. 21 Army vs Navy
betting football and need advice?