- A rematch of two conference rivals awaits as the stage is set for the Sun Belt Championship game
- App. State is 6-0 on a 6 game streak since knocking off previously ranked #14 Coastal Carolina, riding high and have a bad taste in their mouth since getting crushed by LL back in week 6
- Louisiana Lafayette has been dominant in the Sun Belt this year, ripping off 11 straight since dropping their opener to Texas and looks to put an exclamation mark on this season
A showdown on the bayou looms for two of the Sun Belt’s best, it’s conference championship weekend and both teams have something to prove. Winners of 6 straight, the App. State mountaineers likely have had some nightmares about these teams 1st meeting on the bayou this year. Losing 41-13 is never ideal and likely will be a big time motivation factor for App. State this weekend.
The Ragin Cajuns are as hot as a cayenne pepper in a pot of gumbo right now as they have hammered every opponent in their path for 11 weeks straight. Their eyes are set on winning a conference title game and securing an upper-tier bowl game. Sitting at the 20 spot in the CFP rankings, this team can play some ball and looks to continue their perceived dominance on the field Saturday afternoon.
App. State vs Louisiana Lafayette Matchup at a Glance
- Sport: College Football
- Teams: App St. at Louisiana Lafayette
- Where: Lafayette LA, Cajun Field
- Date: 12/4/21
- Betting Odds: App St (-3) , App St. (-140) LL (+120) and O/U 53.0 (at PointsBet | at Caesars | at DraftKings | at Fanduel | at BetRivers)
App State Preview: “Never Twice”
In this era of CFB, they say the hardest thing to do is beat a team twice. Soooo gotta be a good thing for App. State right? The neers got boat raced in their first matchup with the Ragin Cajuns, by a score of 41-13. This was a decidedly horrible game on the offensive side of the ball for the Neers’. Clemson Grad transfer Chase Brice, had 133 yards passing and 2INTs and the team ran for a whopping 78 total yards…not gonna get it done. This team likes to push the tempo and open it up on offense. They are all about efficiency in a balanced attack. They will look to establish the run early and have a solid dose of passing mixed in. Their defense will need to play their game and bend so they don’t break. Not fold into a piece of paper and give up 48 points, when you hold teams to less than 20 per game.
Louisiana Lafayette Preview: Breaking News on the Bayou!
The Ragin Cajuns winning a conference title would be the 2nd most important thing in Louisiana football news this weekend, following the homerun hire from LSU…former HC of Notre Dame, Brian Kelly.
This Louisiana Lafayette team is like the cooler older brother of App. State, and even more balanced attack, that touts a better rushing attack, and scores just a few more ppg. This is a team that if given the chance, will get out ahead quickly. That is key for them as it allows them to get into a rhythm and settle in quickly. When they play their game and stay in their comfort zone, they are very difficult to beat. On the other side of the ball, they can smother you and force some turners as well, that was part of the recipe this back in week 6 against App. State and it is definitely in the game plan again for Saturday.
Odds & Free Betting Analysis for This College Football Game
App St is somehow favored by 3, which is a little suspect as they lost the last meeting, and are the away team for Saturday. Money Lines here are fairly even, you could consider this a pickem if you wanted to simplify things. O/U at 53.0…Hammer the over!
Appalachian State vs Louisiana Lafayette Pick
- KnupSports.com Free Betting Pick: Louisiana Lafayette, spread (-3) ML (+120) and O 53.0 (at PointsBet | at Caesars | at DraftKings | at Fanduel | at BetRivers)
Be sure to check out our other free picks and betting plays to bet on today!
Search Game & Player Props for App. State vs Louisiana Lafayette
Use the prop finder below to search all available bets for this App. State vs Louisiana Lafayette game.