- Penn State is currently on a one-game winning streak and they took down Rutgers on November 20th, 28-0.
- Michigan State was wallopped on November 20th against #2 Ohio State 56-7.
- Penn State defeated Michigan State in last year’s meeting by a final score of 39-24.
Both the Penn State Nittany Lions and the Michigan State Spartans are bowl eligible for this year and it could potentially be a closer game than most people anticipate. James Franklin and Penn State (7-4, 4-4) will look to play the upset card this week on the road against Mel Tucker and #12 Michigan State (9-2, 6-2).
Matchup at a Glance
- Sport: College Football
- Teams: Penn State at Michigan State
- Where: East Lansing, Michigan at Spartan Stadium.
- Date: Saturday, November 27th at 3:30 p.m. ET on ABC.
- Betting Odds: At Fanduel, Michigan State is favored by -0.5 points. The money line for this football game is -110. The over/under for this football game is 51.5 total points. (at PointsBet | at Caesars | at DraftKings | at Fanduel | at BetRivers)
Penn State Betting Preview
When Sean Clifford is playing quarterback for Penn State, they always have a chance to win week in and week out. He has completed 61.88% of his passes for 2,599 yards 17 touchdowns and six interceptions.
Jahan Dotson is one of the best wide receivers in the country and he will be a problem for Michigan State’s defense. Dotson has caught 83 passes for 1,045 yards receiving and 10 touchdowns so far this season.
— Penn State Football (@PennStateFball) November 22, 2021
Brook Ellis leads the team with 91 total tackles. The defense will need to step up in order to pull off the upset this weekend.
Michigan State Betting Preview
The Michigan State Spartans have been very successful under Mel Tucker on the offensive side of the football so far this season because of junior running back Kenneth Walker III. He has rushed for 1,498 yards on 233 carries and 17 touchdowns. Walker III is not much of a receiving threat. He has only caught 13 passes for 89 yards receiving and a touchdown.
Jayden Reed has caught 47 passes for 857 yards receiving and seven touchdowns. He is the Spartans leading receiver. Payton Throne has been average this season for Michigan State. He has only completed 60.5 percent of his passes for 2,618 yards 22 touchdowns and eight interceptions.
Safety Xavier Henderson leads the team in tackles with 89. This is an improved defense, but they did give up 56 points last week against Ohio State and were simply outmatched personnel-wise.
Odds & Free Betting Analysis for This College Football Game
The Michigan State Spartans are favored by 0.5 points at home against the Penn State Nittany Lions, according to FanDuel Sportsbook. Vegas is telling you that this game is going to potentially be a one-point game. Vegas is usually never wrong when it comes to this stuff.
I could very well see this football game reaching the under. I don’t see a lot of touchdowns being scored in this football game. Michigan State has a better offense than Penn State does and sometimes, the Nittany Lions struggle to move the football.
The money line is -110 on both sides for Penn State and Michigan State. Penn State is 7-3-1 against the spread and Penn State is 7-4 against the spread so far this season.
Penn State vs Michigan State Pick:
- KnupSports.com Free Betting Pick: Michigan State -0.5 and take the under 51.5 points total and the Michigan State money line of -110. (at PointsBet | at Caesars | at DraftKings | at Fanduel | at BetRivers)
Be sure to check out our other free picks and betting plays to bet on today!
Player Props for Penn State vs Michigan State
Use the prop finder below to search all available bets for this Penn State vs Michigan State props!