Let’s turn our attention to the Top Offenses in College Football for 2018. Again, there is not a lack of teams that could be placed in the Top Ten. Here is our list:
- Georgia– Nick Chubb is gone but with D’Andre Swift waiting in the wings, things won’t slow down. He will be quarterback Jake Fromm’s guy for all things on the ground. Look for Brian Herrien and Elijah Holyfield to get plenty of touches.
- UCF– It is possible this could be the best offense in America but with a new coach? We will see about that. Quarterback McKenzie Milton scored 45 touchdowns, passed for 4,037 yards and ran for 613 yards. Look for him to hook up with Adrain Killins Jr. for more offense.
- Ohio State– The offense is taken care of with J.K. Dobbins on the field carrying the football. He will be aided by Mike Weber with carries. These two will be the primary offense behind new quarterback Dwayne Haskins.
- Oklahoma– Kyler Murray has signed to play baseball with the Oakland A’s but they are allowing him to play football in the Fall. This helps the offense as Rodney Anderson and Trey Sermon return from 1,905 yards and 18 touchdowns combined on the ground. Look for this team to not mi a beat after the loss of Baker Mayfield.
- Missouri– Drew Lock is one of the top quarterbacks in the country and a legitimate Heisman contender returns from a season in which he tossed 44 touchdown passes. He will lead the offense with Emmanuel Hall as his primary receiver. He also finds Albert Okweugbunam and Johnathon Johnson in the air. If he wants to keep the ball on the ground then it goes to Damarea Crocket and Larry Rountree who each had over 700 yards rushing.
- Florida Atlantic– Head Coach Lane Kiffin waltz’s into FAU and it becomes a noticeable football team. The primary threat from the Owls comes from Devin Singletary who ran for 1,918 yards and 32 touchdowns. Willie Wright returns for his second season to add to 56 catches and two touchdowns along with 657 yards in the air.
- West Virginia– There are many who believe Mountaineers quarterback Will Grier has the upper hand to win the Heisman. It helps he has targets for his strong arm with All-American receiver David Sills V. Then he can find Gary Jennings in the wideout position.
- Alabama– The Crimson Tide and Coach Nick Saban reload every season. However, he has two top quarterbacks to choose from with Jalen Hurts and Tua Tagovailoa under center he has experience. Add them to running backs Damien Harris and Najee Harris along with top receivers DeVonta Smith and Jerry Jeudy, this team is loaded.
- Oregon– The Ducks return Juston Herbert to the quarterback position. He got hurt last year after eight games. He was projected to be near one of the top 10 quarterbacks in the nation. Also returning is Tony Brooks, Dillon Marshall, and Jacob Breeland to aid the offense
- Ole Miss– We had some doubts about putting them in the Top Ten offenses with the departure of quarterback Shea Patterson to Michigan. However, Jordan Ta’amu did a great job last season and he has a great corps of receivers with A.J. Brown, D.K. Metcalf, and DaMarkys Lodge as targets.
Who do you like that we missed on? There are plenty capable and things will change. I would keep my eye on Oklahoma and the Kyler Murray and baseball situation.