The 2018 BMW Championship begins on Thursday, September 6, 2018, at Aronimink Golf Club. This course is a private country club located in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania, a suburb west of Philadelphia. The course is over 7,200 yards and many feel it is one of the top courses in the United States. This is the third leg of the FedEx Cup Playoffs.

Last week we nailed the Dell Technologies with Bryson DeChambeau as our top pick. Let’s look at some possibilities for this event.

Our favorite because of +2200 odds to make us some money is Rickie Fowler. He hasn’t won much this season but is playing really well at this moment. He has finished five or more strokes under par in several of his last few events. Also, in his last seven events, he has finished in the Top 25 six times. We like his form and the fact that he is a “due” golfer. Don’t forget the nice odds if he wins.

Bryson DeChambeau is on top until he isn’t. He has won the last two events and is extremely hot on the course.

Jordan Spieth enters at +2200 and he has been playing much better recently. I like the odds. He was double digits under par last week and has never finished worse than 13th in this event. Good value bet.

Dustin Johnson has finished no less than six strokes under par in his last five events. He won this event in 2016 and finished in the top 10 in 2012 and 2015. The odds are enticing at +900 for making money.

Yes, I am including Tiger Woods in the conversation. His value is not so good as the public is always pounding the books for him. With that said, he has won this event twice and in recent events, he has finished five or more strokes under par several times. The odds are at +2800 which is worth a bet from me.

Gary Woodland has produced Top 25 finishes in four of his last five events and was 7 under last week. He has one win this year and this could be his second. In this event, he has finished in the Top 30 five of six times.


There is rain in the forecast on all four days. Thursday and Sunday it is listed with a 40% chance while Friday and Saturday is 60%. The temperature will fall from 80 degrees on Thursday to 65 degrees on both Saturday and Sunday. The humidity will be 90% on Saturday to make it an ugly day to be outside.

TV Schedule

Thursday, Rd. 1: Golf Channel, 2-6PM ET

Friday, Rd. 2: Golf Channel, 2-6PM ET;

Saturday, Rd. 3: NBC, noon-3: 30 PM ET   Golf Channel, 3:30-6PM ET;

Sunday, Rd. 4: Golf Channel, noon-2PM ET    NBC, 2-6PM ET

Did You Know? 

The top 30 players in the FedExCup Playoffs will advance to the fourth and final postseason event, the Tour Championship at East Lake in Atlanta in two weeks.

  • Bryson DeChambeau is only the second player to win the first two playoff events, following Vijay Singh in 2008. No one has won the first three.
  • DeChambeau is the only player to win in consecutive weeks this season on the PGA Tour.
  • Rory McIlroy, Tiger Woods, Rickie Fowler and Jordan Spieth are on the bubble for advancing to the Tour Championship. They stand 24th, 25th, 26th, and 27th, respectively, in the point standings, and only the top 30 at the end of the BMW Championship will advance.
Sports 2.0 Discord Community