Cigar Mile is on Saturday as the NYRA will conduct the one turn/one mile Grade 1 Cigar Mile race at Aqueduct racetrack. It is set for a post time of 4:13 p.m. ET and is the tenth race on the card.
Cigar Mile entries
they are listed by post position.
- Following Sea is trained by Todd Pletcher and will have John Velasquez riding. this horse finished third at the Breeders’Cup Sprint. This horse, son of Runhappy, shouldn’t show any signs of concern over sprinting. This horse finished third at the Jerkens Grade 1 race. Odds to win are 6-1 and many have named this horse the top contender.
- Plainsman will be ridden by Manny Franco and is trained by Brad Cox and is listed as 15-1 odds to win. This horse is undefeated in two races at this track but is 6 years old. This horse runs best on a sloppy track. Could finish in the money.
- Amerianrevolution is 4-1 to win and has the best odds of any horse to take home the win. Got third at the Pennsylvania Derby behind two good horses in Hot Tod Charlie and Midnight Bourbon. The son of Constitution is trained by Todd Pletcher and will have Luis Saez as it jockey. Good chance to win.
- Code Honor is also at 4-1 odds to win. Trained by Shug McGaughey, this 5 year old is the leading money winner in the group. The horse has run here at Aqueduct many times and this is likely the final race for this horse. Not likely to win or be in the money as age is catching up.
- Independence Hall is entered with 5-2 odds to win. Trained by Michael McCaerthy and ridden by Javier Cstellano, this 4 year old horse is a winner. At Keeneland was last victory. Hs plenty of experience on this track and is a win contender in this one, Son of Constitution.
- Ginobili is the son of Munnings and trained by Richard Baltas. Blinkers have help this horse to impress on the track. Won the Pat O’Brien and was second at Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile. First time coming east for this horse at 7-2 odds. Capable of winning.
- Olympiad at 12-1 odds. Bill Mott trained son of Speightstown. Stakes debut and a tough chance to in of this horse.
- Pipeline also from Speightstown is 15-1 odds and trained by Chad Brown. This horse isn’t likely to finish in the money.
Cigar Mile Prediction
There are plenty of horses capable of winning the Cigar Mile. Look for Independence Hall, Americanrevolution and Ginobili to make the top three in finish. However, if you like a value bet, consider Plainsman somewhere to make it a profitable day. ToddPletcher’s Following Sea is a horse worthy of consideration in this race. What is amounts to is to consider the important issues of each horse or study the jokceys,Maybe you like to bet by the trainers. Good Luck.
The Next Five Kentucky Derby Prep Races:
Dec 04, 2021 Remsen Aqueduct
Dec 15, 2021 Zen-Nippon Nisai Yushun
Dec 17, 2021 Springboard Mile
Dec 18, 2021 Los Alamitos Futurity
Dec 26, 2021 Gun Runner
About the author– Tom Knuppel has been writing about baseball and sports for a few decades. As an avid St. Louis Cardinals fan he began with the blog CardinalsGM. Tom is a member of the United Cardinals Bloggers and the Baseball Bloggers Alliance. He also maintains the History of Cardinals website. More recently he has been busy at KnupSolutions and the primary writer of many sports at KnupSports and adds content at Sports 2.0. Tom is a retired High School English and Speech teacher and has completed over one hundred sportsbook reviews. He also can be followed on Twitter at tknup. Feel free to contact Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out all of our odds, preview and predictions at KnupSports