Cigar Mile is the last Grade 1 race of the year at Aqueduct in New York is the $250,000 Cigar Mile which includes seven stakes races and offers purses of $1.25 million. There are several top horse in this event with five of them each earning over a million dollars.
Let’s look at the entries in order of their post determination. Post time for race 10 is scheduled for 4:13 pm ET.
- Performer son of Speightstown at 5/2 odds to win. Joel Rosario will be the jockey for trainer McGaughey. This horse has won five in a row He won at Aqueduct late in 2029 and has ben racing elsewhere. On October 17 he won at Belmont Park in a muddy race. The only race this horse has ever lost in when he made his 2-year-old debut. This is the top horse here.
- Mind Control is the son of Stay Thirsty at 12/2 odds to win. This horse returns to Aqueduct and has four wins with two second place finished in Grade 3 races. He has Grade 1 wins in each of his last two seasons. So far he has been winless in last two races at this track but has one win at a mile distance.
- Snapper Sinclair at 20/1 odds to win is the son of Zip City has not won a race in over a year with the last being the Tourist Mile at Kentucky Downs. He has five career wins with three of them coming at a mile,Trained by Steve Asmussen don’t look for any money on this horse.
- At 3/1 odds to win is Firenze Fire the son of Poseidon’s Warrior and a million dollar winner. This horse finished third at the Breeder’s Cup Sprint. A career winner o 12 out of 30 start s and a winner of over $2m. The only concern here is the horse doesn’t race often at a mile. But don’t rule out the former winner of G2 Dover and G1 Champagne. A chance to win.
- Mr. Buff is 8/1 odds to win and the son of Friend of Foe. his horse couldn’t hold on to the lead of the Grade 1 Whitney. Still has won 15 times in 40 starts is impressive. This horse is likely not ready for Grade 1.
- King Guillermo is 3/1 odds to win and is the winner of the Grade G1 winner of The Arkansas Derby. He finished second to Nadal in the Tampa Bay G2 Derby. He has never raced at this track and has n’t raced in seven months.The son of Uncle Mo has had some fast workouts by trainer Juan Carlos at Gulfstream Park. This horse in a contender to win and will be ridden by jockey Jose Ortiz.
- At 15/1 odds to win is Majestic Dunhill son of Majestic Perfection. This is a 5-year old gelding that won at Belmont Park on a muddy track in a field of four going seven furlongs at the end of October. He will come back with six day s rest after finishing seventh at the Fall Highweight Handicap at Aqueduct. Likely a back of the pack finish for this horse.
- True Timber is the son of Mineshaft and is 12/1 odds to win. this horse has traveled all over the USA in search of wins and is now over a million dollars in winnings. In 28 starts as a 6-year-old he has won four times. He finished third in the Cigar Mile last year.Likely a middle of the pack finish.
Cigar Mile Prediction
Three horses are much better than the others here and they are Performer, Firenze Fire and King Guillermo.
King Guillermo is being questioned for the large time of inactivity. But this horse has a good record to back it up.
Box 6-1-4 I like King Guillermo.
Others horse racing articles you may like