Arizona Fall League Report for October 19, 2021 is just a look at the highlights of the short season in Arizona.
This report does not cover every player, every day but looks at some of the performances (some good, some not so good) from the day before with a few other things sprinkled in.
Arizona Fall League- GOOD PERFORMANCES
- NYY- Austin Wells, catcher- he had a single, two doubles and a triple in five at-bats.
- CLE – Jose Tena-SS- 2-for-5 with a double and one RBI
- CHW- Jose Rodriguez- IF- 1 for-5 with a home run and 4 RBI’s
- MIN- Matt Wallner- OF- He was 3-for-5 with a home run which went 393 feet with a 97.8 MPH speed off the bat.
- PHI- Logan Hoppe-Catcher- He was 3-for-5 with a double and 3 RBI’s and 2 stolen bases.
- STL- Nolan Gorman- 2B- he was 2-for-3 and 2 stolen bases and 2 walks and is batting .385 in AFL action
Check out more interesting articles at Baseball Spotlight
Arizona Fall League – NOT THE BEST DAY
- ARI-Slade Cecconi – RHP 3IP/h%/3R/3ER/2K
- BAL- Conner Poeprich-RHP-3IP/5H/3R/3ER losing pitcher of record
- BOS- Brendan Celluti- LHP- 0.2 IP/1H/2R/2ER losing pitcher of record
- KC-Asa Lacy- LHP-0.2IP/2H/2R/2ER/1K
- MIA- Josh Simpson- LHP 01IP/1H/4R/4ER/1K
- MIN- Evan Sisk-LHP- 0IP/1H/4R/4ER
- SDP- Jesse Scholtens-RHP- 1.2IP/2H/1R/ER 3K losing pitcher of record
Arizona Fall League – Quick Notes
Mets No. 2 prospect Brett Baty is now batting .444 though five games.
Tigers prospect Spencer Torkelson has a .467 batting average.
Milwaukee prospect Joey Wiemer had a game earlier in the week where he went 2-for-3 with a homer, three RBIs, three runs scored, a walk, a hit-by-pitch and an outfield assist.
Arizona Fall League Standings-After One Week
- Salt River 4-1
- Mesa 2-3
- Scottsdale 2-3
- Glendale 4-1
- Surprise 3-2
- Peoria 0-5
About the author– Tom Knuppel has been writing about baseball and sports for a few decades. As an avid St. Louis Cardinals fan he began with the blog CardinalsGM. Tom is a member of the United Cardinals Bloggers and the Baseball Bloggers Alliance. He also maintains the History of Cardinals website. More recently he has been busy at KnupSolutions and the primary writer of many sports at KnupSports and adds content at Sports 2.0. Tom is a retired High School English and Speech teacher and has completed over one hundred sportsbook reviews. He also can be followed on Twitter at tknup. Feel free to contact Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org