This is the 60th running of the Coca-Cola 600 and is part of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series. The track is made of asphalt and is over 400 laps to complete. This is the 13th race of the NASCAR series.
Previous Winners in 2019
- February 17 — Daytona 500
Daytona International Speedway Winner: Denny Hamlin
- February 24 — Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500
Atlanta Motor Speedway Winner: Brad Keselowski
- March 3 — Pennzoil 400
Las Vegas Motor Speedway Winner: Joey Logano
- March 10 — TicketGuardian 500
ISM Raceway (Phoenix) Winner: Kyle Busch
- March 17 — Auto Club 400
Auto Club Speedway Winner: Kyle Busch
- March 24 — STP 500
Martinsville Speedway Winner: Brad Keselowski
- March 31 — O’Reilly Auto Parts 500
Texas Motor Speedway Winner: Denny Hamlin
- April 7 — Food City 500
Bristol Motor Speedway Winner: Kyle Busch
- April 13 — Toyota Owners 400
Richmond Raceway Winner: Martin Truex Jr.
- April 28 — GEICO 500
Talladega Superspeedway Winner: Chase Elliott
- May 6 — Dover 400
Dover International Speedway Winner: Martin Truex Jr.
- May 11 — Kansas 400
Kansas Speedway Winner: Brad Keselowski
- May 18 — Monster Energy NASCAR All-Star Race (non-points race)
Charlotte Motor Speedway Winner: Kyle Larson
Challengers for Coca-Cola 600
The top challengers for this event are Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick, and Martin Truex. We like the chances of Kevin Harvick for the Coca Cola 600. He has won on this track three times and has finished in the Top 10 almost every race he has been in the at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Couple that with motivation from losing the All-Star race due to a loose wheel on a pit stop and we can find our winner in this one. After all, he has to win sometime this year as he is just too good to continue to lose.
Who Else Can Contend?
- Denny Hamlin- He is prepared to bounce back from his disaster of monoxide poisoning in Monster Mile a few weeks ago. His previous six times at the race track, he has finished in the top five.
- Jimmie Johnson- There is likely no one on the circuit that has more ins at Charlotte than Johnson. With eight wins and three top ten finishes in the last six races, he is a strong factor to win the race.
- Last year, Alex Bowman finished ninth at Charlotte but the crux of the matter is his runner-up status in his last three races. He is hot and that is worth considering at his odds.
- Daniel Suarez has three career races in Charlotte and shows he can finish in the top three racers.
- Kyle Busch leads all drivers with three wins and 11 top ten finishes in 12 events. It took him a while to win here initially but there is little stopping him now.
- Joey Logano has Team Penske behind him and they are getting the job done in several of the latest NASCAR races.
How to Watch
What: Coca-Cola 600
Where: Charlotte Motor Speedway in Charlotte, NC
When: Sunday, May 26th at 6:00 PM EST
How: FS1 (TV) | Motor Racing Network (Web radio)
Odds for Coca-Cola 600
Kyle Busch 3/1
Kevin Harvick 9/2
Martin Truex Jr. 6/1
Brad Keselowski 7/1
Joey Logano 8/1
Chase Elliott 8/1
Clint Bowyer 14/1
Kyle Larson 16/1
Ryan Blaney 20/1
Denny Hamlin 20/1
Erik Jones 20/1
Kurt Busch 25/1
Aric Almirola 25/1
Jimmie Johnson 30/1
Alex Bowman 30/1
Daniel Suarez 50/1
Austin Dillon 80/1
William Byron 80/1
Ryan Newman 200/1
Ricky Stenhouse 200/1
Paul Menard 200/1
Chris Buescher 300/1
Matt DiBenedetto 500/1
Daniel Hemric 500/1
Ryan Preece 500/1
Ty Dillon 500/1
Darrell “Bubba” Wallace Jr. 500/1
Michael McDowell 2000/1
David Ragan 5000/1
Field (all others) 300/1