- Will Matthew Stafford be the upgrade the Rams expect him to be?
- Andy Dalton may get the start, but Justin Fields is ready to go at a moments notice
- The Rams have the weapons to jump back into the playoff picture and the Bears will look to hold their spot in the postseason
The first Sunday Night NFL game will feature two teams with two new QB’s under center. I’m not sure what to expect offensively from these two teams, but we know the defenses will bring it with Aaron Donald for the Rams and Khalil Mack for the Bears in action.
Bears vs Rams Matchup at a Glance
- Sport: NFL
- Teams: Chicago Bears at St. Louis Rams
- Where: Los Angeles, California SoFi Stadium
- Date: Sep 12, 2021 8:20 P.M
- Betting Odds: Rams -7.5, Rams-355, Total: 46.5 (at PointsBet)
The Chicago Bears have a lot of question marks that will be answered in these first few weeks of the season. The first, and biggest, is whether Andy Dalton or Justin Fields will be the starting QB each week. Dalton has plenty of experience and should be able to play well with Allen Robinson and Jimmy Graham as big targets for him.
David Montgomery will be in the backfield for the Bears and may have a tough time against a sturdy Rams defensive line. Tarik Cohen and Darnell Mooney are also in the mix for the Bears and should be seeing some quick passes from Dalton. The Bear’s offense surprised me last year, but I think they are slightly worse this year.
As always, the Bear’s defense is intimidating with Khalil Mack, Robert Quinn, and Akeim Hicks manning down the middle. The run should be able to stop the Henderson from the Rams, and the secondary knows Matthew Stafford so well that they could cause some problems for him.
The Los Angeles Rams have high hopes this season as Matthew Stafford takes over the offense. Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods, and Tyler Higbee all should benefit from this acquisition and I expect them each to have 8-10 targets a game. We know Matthew Stafford loves to sling the ball, and it will be no different with the Rams.
The running back situation for the Rams is interesting with Darrell Henderson Jr. as the starter, but newly acquired Sony Michel is expected to get some touches. I believe that the Bear’s defenders won’t need to worry about the run game as much as they will the passing game.
St. Louis’s defense is stacked once again this year and will look to pounce on Andy Dalton early. They will have the challenge of stopping Allen Robinson Jr. and David Montgomery, but I think they will be just fine and force Dalton into multiple turnovers.
Odds & Free Betting Analysis for This NFL Game
The Bears are 7.5 point underdogs and for a good reason. The Bear’s offense isn’t appealing enough for them to outscore Matthew Stafford in the Rams. I like the Rams at -7.5, but it will be a boring, low-scoring game, going way under the total of 46.5.
Bears vs Rams Pick
- KnupSports.com Free Betting Pick: The Rams are the play here at -7.5 as I think they win by 10 or more on SNF. The Bears will struggle to cover because they are unable to score. The Rams take this one easy and give Matthew Stafford his first win as a Ram.
Be sure to check out our other free picks and betting plays to bet on today.