- Kyler Murray’s high-expectations could either elevate or hinder him!
- Is Julio Jones going to be the stud he was with the Falcons in a Titans uniform?
- The Cardinals addition of J.J. Watt, A.J. Green, and Malcolm Butler makes them an intriguing underdog.
Football is finally back and week 1 features some great matchups. The Cardinals will travel to Tennessee and duke it out against the Titans in hopes of a 1-0 record. Both teams look good on paper this year, but will they perform on the field?
Cardinals vs Titans Matchup at a Glance
- Sport: NFL
- Teams: Arizona Cardinals at Tennesse Titans
- Where: Nashville, Tennessee Nissan Stadium
- Date: Sep 12, 2021 1:00 P.M
- Betting Odds: Titans -3, Titans -155, Total: 52 (at PointsBet)
Cardinals Preview: Will Murray Live Up to His Expectations?
Kyler Murray comes into this season as a projected top 5 quarterback in all of football. With those lofty expectations, he should have a sense of urgency on his shoulder to play well and get his team to the playoffs.
Going just 8-8 last season, Murray and company will be ready for a better performance this season. DeAndre Hopkins and A.J. Green will be featured as the premier wideouts and the running back situation will be Kenyan Drake and Chase Edmonds splitting time.
The Arizona defense did get better on paper this year, as they added J.J. Watt and Malcolm Butler, but the loss of Patrick Patterson could hurt. I have high hopes for the Cardinals this year, and I think they are in contention for the playoffs this year.
Titans Preview: Can Julio Propel The Titans to Contention?
The Tennessee Titans made the biggest move in free agency with the blockbuster trade for Julio Jones. It does seem like he’s declining, but maybe he thrives in his fresh start with the Titans. Ryan Tannehill should be good to go after dealing with Covid for the past few weeks.
The 2,000-yard rusher, Derrick Henry, will be back and ready for another stellar season. His workload could potentially see a decrease with Julio Jones, but it also could mean an increase in red-zone carries. Nevertheless, Tennesse will hand the ball off to their megastar plenty this year.
The Titans still have A.J. Brown in the mix, who came off of a breakout year. The Titan’s offense should be a tall task for this Cardinal’s defense. On the defensive side, the Titans still have a middle-of-the-road group who should be good enough to help them win a bunch of games this season.
Odds & Free Betting Analysis for This NFL Game
The public certainly likes the Titans to hold down the spread, but I’m going for the opposite of that. The Cardinals are on fire ATS, with a 8-0 record in the last 4 games. I think Kyler Murray releases some of his Magic and give the Cardinals an upset in week 1.
Cardinals vs Titans Pick
- KnupSports.com Free Betting Pick: I’m taking the Arizona Cardinals in this one with at +3. I believe they win this game by at least 3, but the matchup is high-scoring at 63 total points.
Be sure to check out our other free picks and betting plays to bet on today.