- Stafford impressed on the big stage against the Bears and should have success against a struggling Colts defense
- Carson Wentz was alright in his Colts debut, but I’m not sure he can return to his MVP form
- The Rams defense looked good Week 1 and the Colts are looking to get back on track
The second week of the NFL is upon us, and two teams with new fresh faces at quarterbacks will square off. The Rams pounded the Bears in the opening game, but the Colts struggled to keep up with the Seahawks. This should be a close game and
Colts vs Rams Pick – Matchup at a Glance
- Sport: NFL
- Teams: Los Angeles Rams at Indianapolis Colts
- Where: Indianapolis, Indiana Lucas Oil Stadium
- Date: Sep 19, 2021 1:00 P.M ET
- Betting Odds: Rams -3.5, Total: 47.5 (at PointsBet)
Rams Preview: The Rams Looked Good Against the Bears, And Should Look Good Against the Colts
The first game for Matthew Stafford as a Ram went surprisingly well. I was nervous that the Bears would continue to dominate him as they did for years while he was a Lion. Nevertheless, he threw 20/26 for 321 and had 3 touchdowns to three different receivers. The Rams cruised their way through that game, winning 34-14.
Darrell Henderson was the lead back, and he was consistent with his carries totaling 70 yards on 15 rushes adding in a touchdown. Wide receiver, seems like the guy who will benefit from Stafford’s arrival the most as he racked up 7 catches for 108 yards and a TD. Van Jefferson ran free for a 67-yard touchdown and Robert Woods also had 27 yards with a touchdown.
The offense for the Rams shined on SNF, and so did the defense. Aaron Donald was the presence he’s been for the past 5+ seasons, receiving double and even triple teams. Jalen Ramsey is still a star corner and he showed his versatility with 7 tackles. The Rams seemed to have the whole package in their first game and should have similar success against the Colts.
Colts Preview: The Colts Offense Looked Alright And the Defense Was Exposed
The Indianapolis Colts weren’t really close to winning the game last week against the Seahawks. The offense didn’t surrender too many costly turnovers but continued to come up short every drive. Carson Wentz was solid and looked mobile in his debut for Indy, tossing two touchdowns and 251 yards, with a fumble loss.
Jonathan Taylor returned to his consistent form, totaling 116 rushing and receiving. He just couldn’t find the end-zone because the Colts continued to be shut down by an average Seahawks defense. Zach Pascal was a pleasant surprise in the opener, catching two touchdowns. With no T.Y. Hilton, Michael Pittman Jr. will have to step up from his 3-catches.
The Colts defense was searching for answers against Russel Wilson and will see another elite quarterback in Matthew Stafford this week. They let up 4 passing touchdowns, leading to a loss of 28-16. I don’t see the Colts bouncing back this week, and they will have a tough time scoring and defending against the Rams.
Odds & Free Betting Analysis for This NFL Game
The Rams are the public’s favorite and I couldn’t agree more. The Rams have the better offense and defense in the matchup, and I think they exploit Colt’s weaknesses by creating turnovers and beating them through the air. The Rams line has shifted in their favor as well, making it very tempting to take them at -3.5.
Packers vs Saints Pick
- KnupSports.com Free Betting Pick: The Rams are the obvious choice in this one, as I think they route the Colts on the road. Matthew Stafford seems poised for another big day and I think they easily win by -3.5. I also like the over in this one, as the Colts do have a decent offense. Take the Rams in this one and play the over!
Be sure to check out our other free picks and betting plays to bet on today.
Join our Discord to leave a question or comment regarding this article. We have sports fans talking betting all day — every day! JOIN THE DISCORD NOW AND QUALIFY FOR PRIZES & BETTING SWAG!