- It a very winnable game for the Eagles
- Lions look to win their first game of the year
- Eagles rush defense will play a huge factor in this game
The Philadelphia Eagles are traveling to Ford Field to take on the Detroit Lions in a week eight matchup. The Eagles are coming into the game with a 2-5 record. They are coming off of a tough 33-22 loss to the Las Vegas Raiders.
The Lions enter the matchup with a record of 0-7. Last week, they kept up with the Los Angeles Rams, however, they did not have enough to win the game and lost by a final score of 28-19. Interestingly, the Lions had a one-point lead heading into the fourth quarter.
Eagles vs Lions Matchup at a Glance
- Sport: NFL
- Teams: Philadelphia Eagles at Detroit Lions
- Where: Detroit, FirstEnergy Stadium
- Date: October 31, 2021
- Betting Odds: Philadelphia Eagles -3.5 (-110), Detroit Lions +3.5 (-110), Eagles Moneyline (-190), Lions Moneyline (+160), Over 48 points (-110), Under 48 points (-110) (at PointsBet | at Caesars | at DraftKings | at Fanduel | at BetRivers)
Eagles Preview: Need To Win To Stay In AFC North Contention
The Eagles, have been a very disappointing team so far this season. Although Jalen Hurts has made a clear jump from last season, it still has not been enough to lead to any real team success.
The Eagles have struggled greatly on the ground and Hurts still struggles at times through the air. As a result of this, their offense can oftentimes be stagnant.
Lions Preview: Need To Get Back On The Right Track
Going by record alone, the Detroit Lions have been the worst team in the NFL this season. Despite this, they really have not looked as awful as their record shows. They have two single-digit losses so far this season against the Minnesota Vikings and Baltimore Ravens.
This is one of the few games that the Lions have left on their schedule that they can realistically win. As a result of this, this game becomes a must-win for Detroit or this 2021 team may be the second in franchise history to go winless.
Odds & Free Betting Analysis for This NFL Game
This truly is a game that could go either way depending on who shows up to play. However, with the Eagles still trying to stay in the hunt in the NFC East, should be enough motivation for them to hand the Lions yet another loss.
As a result of this, we are taking the Eagles on the spread and Moneyline. We will be picking the under for this game as neither teams’ offense has been impressive this year.
Eagles vs Lions Pick
- KnupSports.com Free Betting Pick: Eagles -3.5 (-110), Eagles Moneyline (-190), Under 48 points (-110) (at PointsBet | at Caesars | at DraftKings | at Fanduel | at PointsBet)
Be sure to check out our other free picks and betting plays to bet on today!
Search Game & Player Props for Eagles vs Lions
Use the prop finder below to find all available offerings for this Eagles vs Lions game. You can also search for any player to see the props available for an individual.
Join our Discord to leave a question or comment regarding this article. We have sports fans talking betting all day — every day! JOIN THE DISCORD NOW AND QUALIFY FOR PRIZES & BETTING SWAG!