- The Raiders pulled a shocker on Thanksgiving, moving the ball at will to steal a win over the Cowboys and stop a three-game losing streak.
- The Washington Football Team kept its resurgence going last Monday night, holding off a late Seattle charge to win by two at home.
- The Washington Football team is currently in the last playoff spot in the NFC, while the Raiders are one game out in the AFC.
The Raiders and Washington Football Team have both been prone to allowing their opponents to put up points. But Las Vegas suffered a big blow when tight end Darren Waller suffered a knee injury that has left him out of practice this week. How the Raiders adjust without Waller and how consistent the Washington Football Team’s offense can be will determine the outcome of this game.
Football Team vs Raiders Matchup at a Glance
- Sport: NFL
- Teams: Washington Football Team at Las Vegas Raiders
- Where: Las Vegas Nevada, Allegiant Stadium
- Date: Sunday, Dec. 5, 4:05 p.m.
- Betting Odds: Raiders -2.5, Raiders -139/Washington Football Team +123, 49.5 (at PointsBet | at Caesars | at DraftKings | at Fanduel | at BetRivers)
Football Team Preview: Fear the XFL
Washington quarterback Taylor Heinicke has stumbled onto the Tommy Maddox career path, Heinicke, a product of the second version of the XFL, has been a steady if the unspectacular leader of the Washington Football Team’s offense. While Heinickehas passed for 2,613 yards, he’s been turnover-prone. Heincke has thrown 10 interceptions, he’s provided the Washington Football Team with enough balance on offense to keep the attention off the running game.
Antonio Gibson leads the Washington Football Team with 712 yards on 183 carries. Defensively, the Washington Football Team will need a find to slow the Raiders’ passing attack. Washington limits its opponents to fewer than 100 rush yards per game but allows its opponents to pass for 277 per contest.
Raiders Preview: Seeking the Right Mix
Las Vegas’ victory over Dallas showed the Raiders being effective in moving the ball on the crown to take the pressure off quarterback Derek Carr, who passed for 373 yards. Running back Josh Jacobs carried the ball a season-high 22 times and gained a season-high 87 yards against Dallas. Las Vegas will have more than a little uncertainty on offense this week. In addition to Waller being out, wide receiver Desean Jackson was banged up against the Cowboys and is questionable. That will put more pressure on Hunter Renfrow and Henry Ruggs III to make big plays.
While the Raiders’ offense, which puts up 23.5 points per game, has been the focus this season, they have also seen improvement on defense. Las Vegas allows the sixth-least yards per play in the entire league. The Raiders have been accomplishing that despite blitzing the least of any NFL defense, only bringing extra pass rushers 11.7 percent of the time.
Odds & Free Betting Analysis for This Football Game
Las Vegas is 6-6 this season against the spread and is 1-3 this season when being favored by 2.5 points or more. Washington is 4-7 against the spread. The Washington Football Team is 2-3 against the spread on the road this season.
With the Raiders’ injury woes, there should be a hesitancy to bet them before Waller’s status is known. If Las Vegas is healthy, it should be able to cover the 2.5. While Washington has surged the past few weeks, there is always a chance Heinicke could come back down to Earth at any moment.
Football Team vs Raiders Pick
- KnupSports.com Free Betting Pick: Raiders -2.5 (at PointsBet | at Caesars | at DraftKings | at Fanduel | at BetRivers)
Be sure to check out our other free picks and betting plays to bet on today!
Search Game & Player Props for Football Team vs Raiders
Use the prop finder below to find all available offerings for this Football Team vs Raiders game. You can also search for any player to see the props available for an individual.