NY Jets Possible Draft Moves
The New York Jets had one of the worst offensive and defensive displays the franchise has seen in quite some time now. The Jets went 2-14 and finished dead last in the AFC East in the 2020 season and were considered the laughing stock of the NFL, even more so than the Jaguars who went 1-15 in the 2020 NFL season.
The Jets 2020 season was also filled with extreme hatred towards former head coach Adam Gase, and it was justified. In an interview with the Daily News, Gase was asked to respond to fan criticism regarding the team’s poor performance. When asked he had a very simple answer to Jets fans;
“I’m rich as f**k”
Jets fans do not have to worry about Gase anymore because he is long gone and will never be back again. In early January, the Jets hired former 49ers defensive coordinator Robert Saleh as their new head coach. This is all good news and a glimmer of hope for the Jets. In 2020, Saleh was responsible for the 49er’s fantastic defense, which has been a struggle for the Jets over the years since Rex Ryan. The 49ers had a top-10 defense the entire 2020 season. The 49ers finished 5th in total yards, (fourth) in rush yards, and (fourth) in pass yards.
The New York Jets do have some promise this upcoming season. They have two first-round picks, including the second overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. But before we dive deep into the NY Jets possible draft moves, let’s take a look at their off-season moves so far.
Jets Offseason Acquisitions
- Signed Vinny Curry to a one-year contract worth $1.3 million (DE)
- Signed Trevin Coleman to a one-year contract worth $1.2 million (RB)
- Signed Sheldon Rankins to a two- year contract worth $17 million (DT)
- Signed Tyler Kroft to a one-year contract worth $2 million (TE)
- Signed Lamarcus Joyner to a one-year contract worth $3 million (CB/S)
- Signed Keelan Cole to a one year contract worth $5.5 million (WR)
- Signed Dan Feeney to a one year contract worth $3.5 million (G)
- Signed Jarrad Davis to a one year contract worth $5.5 million (LB)
- Signed Corey Davis to a three-year contract worth $37.5 million (WR)
- Signed Carl Lawson to a three-year contract worth $45 million (DE)
- Signed Justin Hardee to a three-year contract worth $6.75 million (CB)
Although the Jets made plenty of moves to fill in their weaknesses this offseason, they are still not done yet. With the No. 2 overall pick in the draft, the Jets are expected to take a QB this year, considering that Sam Darnold was traded to the Carolina Panthers in return for the Jets’ future draft picks. Let’s take a look at the possible Jets 2021 draft picks for this upcoming draft.
ENJOYING KNUP SPORTS NY JETS POSSIBLE DRAFT MOVES? Click the link here to stay updated on the latest NFL Draft news and updates!
2021 Draft Moves (CBS Sports)
QB Zach Wilson
OL Alijah Vera-Tucker
WR Rashod Bateman
S Jamar Johnson
CB Thomas Graham Jr.
OT Brady Christensen
CB Ambry Thomas
LB Justin Hillard
RB Pooka Williams Jr.
EDGE Janarius Robinson
The Jets are definitely in need of a quarterback this season and it looks like BYU’s Zach Wilson will go to the Jets. There have been rumors that the Jets could pick Justin Fields, but nothing is certain until draft day. Hopefully, Gang Green can figure it out this year and have a better season than last year.