- The Minnesota Vikings (5-6) are coming off a loss against the 49ers.
- The Detroit Lions (0-10-1) are still seeking their first win of the season.
- The two teams squared off in Week 5 in a game that was decided in the Vikings favor on a game-winning field goal as time expired.
In four of their ten losses this season, the last-place Detroit Lions have been defeated by seven points or fewer. They will be looking to get on the other side of the score next week for the first time all season.
Meanwhile, the Minnesota Vikings are in 2nd place in the NFC North division, currently 3.5 games behind the Green Bay Packers. A win would solidify their wild card position (currently 7th) as the playoffs approach.
Vikings vs Lions Matchup at a Glance
- Sport: NFL
- Teams: Minnesota Vikings at Detroit Lions
- Where: Detroit, MI – Ford Field
- Date: Sunday, Dec 5 @12:00 noon
- Betting Odds:
- Moneyline: Minnesota Vikings (-300) vs Detroit Lions (+245)
- Spread: Minnesota Vikings -7 (-110) vs Detroit Lions +7 (-110)
- Total: Over 46.5 (-115), Under 46.5 (-105)
Minnesota Preview: Can the Vikings Strengthen Their Playoff Positioning Against Their Division Rival?
On a carry late in the game against the San Francisco 49ers in week 12, Dalvin Cook was tackled awkwardly, twisted, and fell to the grass in obvious pain. After being carted off the field, word out of Vikings camp is that Cook has a torn labrum and dislocated shoulder and should miss at least the next two games.
Prior to their loss to the 49ers, the Vikings had won two straight against the Chargers and the Packers – two of the better teams in the NFL.
Is the Cook injury enough to derail the Vikings slim playoff chances or will they rally against a historically bad Detroit Lions team and a favorable schedule the rest of the season?
Detroit Preview: Will the Lions Finally Get Into the Win Column Against a Banged-Up Vikings Team?
— Detroit Lions (@Lions) November 29, 2021
With their tie against the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Detroit Lions avoided becoming the first team in NFL history to go 0-17. With few healthy bright spots remaining this year, first-year head coach Dan Campbell has done an admirable job leading the Lions to competitive showings in nearly every game this season, despite being unable to notch a single victory.
In the first meeting between these two teams in U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, the Lions lost 17-19 on a Greg Joseph field goal as time expired. Just like the Vikings, the Lions will be looking to their backup tailback to carry the load in a recently run-heavy offense.
Will the Lions be able to come up with enough plays to win their first game, or will their winless slide continue?
Odds & Free Betting Analysis for This NFL Game
- The Minnesota Vikings are 6-5 both ATS and on the O/U this season.
- The Detroit Lions are 7-4 ATS and 3-8 on the O/U this season.
Both teams are looking to seize momentum after frustrating setbacks in week 12. While their defenses have both struggled, the Vikings have outscored the Lions by 107 points (about one touchdown per game) so far this season. With the better overall record, stronger offense, and a reliable backup tailback in Alexander Mattison, the Vikings are in the driver’s seat in this matchup.
The Minnesota Vikings are favored by 7 points. The over/under is currently at 46.5.
Vikings vs Lions Pick
- KnupSports.com Free Betting Pick: Minnesota Vikings Spread (-7) and Under 46.5 Points (at Fanduel)
Be sure to check out our other free picks and betting plays to bet on today!
Search Game & Player Props for Vikings vs Lions
Use the prop finder below to find all available offerings for this Vikings vs Lions game. You can also search for any player to see the props available for an individual.