Welcome to the Knup Sports guide to sports betting. The sole purpose of this guide is to provide you with the tools and information necessary to get started and succeed betting on sports. We will constantly be adding to and improving this guide — so come back often and see the progress we have made.
Sports Betting Guide
Before we get into the guide, you need to understand how to practice good Bankroll Management. Understanding this concept is the different between winning and losing in the long run.
- Sports Betting for Beginners
- Sports Betting for Intermediates
- Sports Betting for Experts
- Learn the Sports Betting Terminology
Sports We Cover
Click the logo below to see our previews, rankings, top lists and more for the sport of your choice.
Tips for Betting on the Holidays
- Tips for Betting the NFL on Thanksgiving Day
- Tips for Betting the NBA on Christmas Day
- Tips for Betting the NHL Winter Classic
Tips for Betting on the Big Events
Sports Betting Dictionary
Here are a few of the most common definitions people ask about. Or click here for the full list of sports betting definitions we have compiled.
- Spread: When you bet on the “Spread” you are betting on a team to “cover” a certain point range. For instance, Cowboys -3 means you are betting on the Cowboys to win the game by 3 points or more.
- MoneyLine: When you bet on the “MoneyLine” you are betting a team to win the game — straight up. For instance, Cowboys -185 on the MoneyLine means you are betting on the Cowboys to win the game straight up. But you would need to wager $185 to return $100.
For more sports betting definitions check out our terminology guide.