Atlanta Falcons Betting Odds for 2020
- Total Wins Over/Under 7.5
- Conference Odds – 25-1
- Super Bowl Odds- 60-1
Rankin M. Smith paid $6.5 million and on June 30, 1955 was awarded the 15th NFL franchise to the City of Atlanta. Enthusiasm was a high due to this announcement and a campaign to give the new team a nickname and logo began.
Many people suggested the name “Falcons” which was selected as the winner and a school teacher from Georgia was the winner. Season tickets were sold in record numbers and within 54 days they reached their capacity.
The first coach hired was Norb Hecker from the Vince Lombardi staff and the first draft pick came from the University of Texas with linebacker Tommy Nobis.
The first winning season didn’t happen in Atlanta until 1971 when the team went 7-6-1 with Norm Van Brocklin as the coach. In 1980 the Falcons were NFC Western Division champions with 12 wins including six Pro Bowlers.
In the teams last season at Fulton County Stadium in 1991 they had 11 wins and then moved the next season to the Georgia Dome. The Falcons garnered the NFC West crown with a 14-2 record and went on to play in Super Bowl XXXIII.
Front Office Personnel
- Arthur Blank- Owner and President
- Rich McKay- President and CEO
- Thomas Dimitroff- General Manager
- Dan Quinn- Head Coach
Single Season Record Holders
- Passing attempts: 651 Matt Ryan (2013)
- Passing completions: 439 Matt Ryan (2013)
- Passing yards: 4,944 Matt Ryan (2016)
- Rushing attempts: 410 Jamal Anderson (1998)
- Rushing yards: 1,846 Jamal Anderson (1998)
- Rushing touchdowns: 17 Michael Turner (2008)
- Receiving catches: 136 Julio Jones (2015)
- Receiving yards: 1,871 Julio Jones (2015)
- Receiving touchdowns: 15 Andre Rison (1993)
The Falcons do not retire numbers but honor players for their contributions to the team. Here is the current list:
- Steve Bartkowski QB 1975–1985 2004
- Deion Sanders CB 1989–1993 2010
- Warrick Dunn RB 2002–2007 2017
- William Andrews 1979–1983, 1986 2004
- Gerald Riggs RB 1982–1988 2013
- Jeff Van Note C 1969–1986 2006
- Jessie Tuggle LB 1987–2000 2004
- Tommy Nobis LB 1966–1976 2004
- Mike Kenn T 1978–1994 2008
- Roddy White WR 2005–2015 2019
- Claude Humphrey DE 1968–1978 2008
Atlanta Falcons Betting- Looking at the Numbers
As we delve into the team dynamics when it comes to Atlanta Falcons betting, we find that presumptive quarterback starter Matt Ryan is 97-89 ATS in his 3 year career along ith 109-80 straight up. When his team is a home underdog, Ryan is 11-6 ATS in his career and 1-2 last season.
As a team, the Falcons under Matt Ryan is 85-100-4 and have an average total of 47.5. The schedule for this year has them ranked with the fifth toughest schedule in the NFL and in the toughest division in the AFC West. in 2019, the team had a 7-9 record and was 8-8 against the spread and 7-9 over/under.
Atlanta Falcons Regular Season Schedule